Sobre Nosotros (en inglés)
BioTek Instruments, Inc. is a global leader in the development, manufacture and sale of microplate instrumentation, including imaging & microscopy, multi-mode detection, liquid handling and automation systems. Our products are used to aid in the advancement of life science research and to facilitate the drug discovery process. Our instrumentation provides rapid and cost-effective analysis to enable sensitive and accurate quantification of a wide range of molecules and cells across diverse applications.
Dr. Norman Alpert, an internationally recognized expert in the area of cardiac hypertrophy and energetics, founded BioTek almost half a century ago while serving as Professor and Chair of the Department of Physiology & Biophysics at the University of Vermont. As the company grew, Dr. Alpert recognized the potential for microplate-based assays in life science markets, and consequently, BioTek introduced its first microplate reader in 1981.
Click here to see a BioTek History Timeline from 1981 to present.
We are the only dedicated microplate instrumentation company with corporate headquarters and manufacturing in the USA. Our company-wide commitment to quality and value is backed by our superior customer care, technical service centers, scientific application experts and a knowledgeable field sales force.
Our product line includes:
- Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Readers
- Hybrid Multi-Mode Microplate Readers
- Multi-Mode Microplate Readers
- Fluorescence and Absorbance Microplate Readers
- Microplate Washers
- Microplate Pipetting Systems
- Microplate Dispensers
- Microplate Robotic Automation
The World is Our Market, But Vermont Is Our Home
BioTek's culture is unique; we’re as passionate about Vermont as we are about microplate instrumentation. Our headquarters, including manufacturing, research & development, scientific applications and service are located in beautiful northern Vermont, and our employees are proud BioTekkers and Vermonters! Each BioTekker is encouraged to contribute their opinions and ideas at work, and also encouraged and rewarded to participate in local community programs. It’s empowerments like these, and other mindful perks, that keep BioTek employees loyal to the company much longer than industry or state averages. Thanks to our highly skilled workforce, BioTek has received several community- and growth-based awards:
- 2016 VT Business Growth Award for Technology
- 2016 President’s Excellence in Exporting “E” Award
- 2015 Governor's Excellence in Worksite Wellness
- 2013 Governor's Award for Outstanding Workplace Safety
- 2012 Best Places to Work
- Vermont Deane C. Davis Award 2009
Investing Now And In The Future
A great advantage to being a private, family-owned company is that we can take the time to listen, understand and react to our customer needs; building the right solutions for the task. It also means that we are free to invest in the long-term future of our company and our employees. BioTek’s specialized departments employ Lean methodologies to maximize the value of our products and services while minimizing waste of human and material resources.
Think Microplate Technology Solutions. Think Possible.
We are experts in today’s cogent microplate technology solutions, and we continually look for ways to exceed tomorrow’s expectations and create new possibilities for researchers around the globe. BioTek employees work together and directly with customers to foster scientific discovery processes with a fresh and unique perspective.
Our expertise, quest for innovation, and efficiency provide the best possible microplate technologies for our customers. But don’t just take our word for it, read our Customer Spotlights, or check out a sampling of our technology awards below.
- SelectScience 2016 Scientists Choice Award (Synergy Neo2)
- 2014 Silver Edison Award (Cytation 3)
- 2013 MipTec New Product Innovation Award (Cytation 3)
- SelectScience's 2013 Scientists' Choice Award (Cytation 3)
Quality is Paramount.
Our employees are committed to maintaining the high quality of our products and services. Our continual improvement process includes soliciting customer input on quality and product features, and then designing, validating, manufacturing, and testing products to ensure performance and reliability as part of our ISO 9001 Quality System registration. This program guarantees independent audits of all aspects of products and services that we offer. Compliance to U.S. and International requirements is necessary from the product design stage to final obsolescence. BioTek products are:
- Directly or indirectly measurement traceable to the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Listed with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when appropriate.
- Type tested to ensure safe operation per Underwriters Laboratory (UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards. Most bear the TUV SUD Mark for safety based on these tests and ongoing plant surveillance.
- Subject to stringent Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing to ensure products will not interfere with other equipment, and can be expected to run reliably in customers' facilities. The CE Mark on products guarantees this and other testing was successfully conducted.
- Designed, tested, and documented in compliance with FDA and ISO guidelines.
BioTek is ISO9001/ISO13485 Certified, an FDA Registered Medical Device Manufacturer, and has appropriate products in compliance with the EU In Vitro Diagnostic Directive (IVDD). Our quality extends to your laboratory as well. BioTek offers optional validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) and FDA 21CFR Part 11 tools to ensure regulatory compliance. Learn more about BioTek's Quality Commitment here.
The Personal Touch
It’s not just our high-quality, long-lasting products that set BioTek apart from the competition. Our personal service and support is the best in the industry. In fact, we use an independent organization to measure pre- and post-sale customer satisfaction, and aim to exceed customer expectations by more than 95% each month.
In order to provide localized, expert service and support, BioTek has offices across the globe, and continues to grow in response to customer demand. In addition to our direct offices, we retain a global network of highly-trained distributors and applications specialists in over 80 countries to guide you through the decision process, help to select the proper equipment, and provide installation and training.